Friday, January 30, 2015

Our Remodeled RV

Months before the move we started working on our rv.  I was determined to remodel to make our new home more homing for our family. It was months of working long hours.  The whole family was involved. I love how our home turned out :)
















First thing first I took the ugly window blinds and curtains off.  I replaced with heavy duty black out blinds to help keep the rv warm and light out, what a difference for sure!!  I then pulled out the love seat and dinette out. I wanted to make more seating room by replacing a futon and I found a card table that can be pulled out to be a larger table if we needed to seat more people.  It was a huge difference on how much room we had in our rv.  We also pulled the ugly wall paper off. 

Now the hard part the painting lol!  The painting took the most time then anything else. The whole family helped take the cabinet doors off.  We first painted the inside of all the cabinets. 



I used Nuvo Cabinet paint for all the wood parts of the RV which took the most coats.  I made sure to sandpaper everything down first. 
All the color painting I used for inside cabinets and the walls  is Valspar from Lowes. Which this paint is amazing.
After about 1 1/2 mths of painting, the hard part was over!!
Now let me show you before and after photos of each room and I will post details where I found each certain items.  I spent months doing research and pinterest was my favorite tool to brain storm. 

Outside I added this cute decal that I bought from Etsy.  One of my favorites :)

All the fabric for bins and curtains are from Joann's Fabric.  All the curtains have black out fabric on the back to help keeping the RV warm in the winter. Blinds are Levolor from Lowes. 

The Bins that you will see in all the rooms are handmade.  I cut the wood and painted them white.  I had my friend sew the bins together.  They are great for adding extra storage. 


First room the master bedroom:
First off I wish the yellow didn't look so bright in the photos, the yellow is actually really low tone and mild.  

1) Bins: I cut and painted the wooden parts and my friend sewed all the bins together. 
2)  Bedding is from Bed Bath & Beyond.
3) Bird Knobs from Etsy
4) Bird Headboard Decal from Etsy
5) If you're a Bird, I'm a bird Decal from Etsy
6) Wall Fireplace is from Kmart which i'm amazed how warm it keeps our room



Kitchen:

The kitchen is one of my favorite rooms of our rv. Love how the colors turned out. 
1) Kitchen Wall Back Splash which was super easy to put on. 
2) Apron is from Etsy
4) Hand Towel Set is from Etsy
4) Red Kitchen Cart which I added wall decals on and also added blue flower knobs.  Kitchen cart was great to store our silverware and dishware. 
5) Colorful Knobs on Cabinets is from Etsy
6) Rug is From Etsy
7) Spoon Set from Amazon
8.) Collapsible Dish Rack from Amazon 
9) Red and Blue Bird Spoon Rest from Etsy
10) Door Family Tree Decal is from Etsy
11) Birds and Trees Wall Decals from Etsy
12) Flower Pot Holder is from Bed Bath Beyond
13) Colorful wall hooks
14) Sink Cady is from Amazon
15) Green Kettle is from Bed Bath Beyond



Living Room:
1) Futon I found on Craigslist for $50 :)
2) Pillows are from Bed Bath Beyond
3) Lift up Coffee Table from Amazon
4) Kitchen table I found on Craigslist. Which it can double in size.  I painted the set and changed the fabric on the seating
5) Fireplace heater which does amazing amount of heat and is super cute.  Can use without heat also.
6) Wall decal picture frames from Etsy
7) Explore quote decal from Etsy
8.) Picture Quote Decal from Etsy
9) I replaced the light fixture shades with flower shape ones that I found on ebay
10) Turquoise Knobs from Etsy
11) I took out the sliding doors between living room and master bedroom and had curtains made.  Fabric from Joann's Fabric
12) Red Wall Bins which are removable because of slide.  I painted and cut the wood pieces.  Had a friend that sewed the bins together. 
13) I sprayed painted the light fixture and symbol on wood border


Bathroom:

1) Green Back Splash Tile from Lowes
2) Shower Curtain I found from Ebay but is also sold at Amazon
3) Toliet paper Holder from Amazon
4) Jewelry Wall Holder from Etsy
5) Coat Hook Holder from Lowes
6) Orange Cabinet Knobs from Etsy
7) Hair dryer holder from Bed Bath & Beyond
8) Small Wall Trash Can from Amazon
9) Curtains and Bins handmade


Kids Room:

1) Cabinet Knobs from Etsy
2) Turquoise 3 Drawer from Bed Bath & Beyond
3) Star Wars Quote Decal from Etsy
4) Star Wars Picture Decals from Etsy
5) Glow in the Dark Decals from Etsy
6) Flower Wall Decals from Etsy
7) Picture Frame Wall Decals from Etsy
8.) Curtain Fabric from Joann's Fabric
9) Kids Bedding is from Bed Bath & Beyond
10) Toy Bins Shelf and all bins from Amazon
11) Corner shelves in bed areas, used magazine holders which I painted and put on the walls
12) Dragon Quote Wall Decal from Etsy
13) Butterfly Quote Wall Decal from Etsy
14) Bins handmade







8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! You have made your rv so homey! I love the bright colors throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!! So artistic and inspiring. We hope to see you on the road someday! :) - The Roadzies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have nearly the same floor plan. how long does it take to ready the rv for road travel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you mind sharing the model of your rv & would you purchase the same one if you were to do it over? Lovely job by the way. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to see the after photos but they aren't loading. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am considering full time rv’ing With my husband and two toddlers. Your RV set up is the same model we are considering. I cannot view your after photos. Do you still have them available?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have almost the same floor plan. No matter what I do i can't see the after photos!! I'm dying to see them!

    ReplyDelete