Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Homeschool Fall Field Trip List


I wanted to have my kids pick certain topics they wanted to learn.  The topics they will be learning will be called Creative Learning Time.  We will add it to our daily homeschool Curriculum. With Creative Learning Topics, at the end of the topic series we will reward our kids to a field trip.

For example first one on our list is Dolphin Tales where my kids will learn about Dolphin and the story about Winter the Dolphin.  At the end of this series I will take my kids on a field trip to see Dolphin Tale 2.  

Here are a few others on our list before Winter:

Whales: After we learn about Whales I will take them on a field trip to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science to see their new Whale exhibit.  This exhibit opens in October. 


Wolves: Faith's request was learning about wolves.  After we do our creative learning section on wolves, I will take them on a field trip to Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center. 


Nature: I wanted to take my kids to visit Rocky Mountain National Park in the fall as a field trip.  So we will do a section on nature and then take a day trip to the park.


Box Trolls: My kids wanted to read the book based on the movie Box Trolls that is coming out.  As a class we will read together Here Be Monsters!!: The Ratbridge Chronicles. After we read the book take a field trip to see Box Trolls.




Zoo: In the fall there is a few free days at the Denver Zoo.  Each child will pick an animal that is at the zoo to do research and learn about.  They will make a presentation to the rest of the kids about that animal.  Then we will take a field trip to the zoo to see animals on free zoo day.


Pioneer Living:  We will read a book about pioneer days.  Do research on the life style.  At the end of Sept there is a Pioneer Living Day at the Bee Farm in Fort Collins. 


So our Fall will be a fun busy time!  We will see how fast the kids will go through their creative time topics.  The harder/faster they work the more creative topics and field trips we will do. Topics can last for a week or a few weeks. I will be making workbooks per topic with learning info, worksheets, crafts, equipment, etc. I think my kids are going love this part of the school day, learning what they want to learn about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment