Saturday, August 23, 2014

School Material Organized!!!

After Days working on my kids school material, i'm finally done!  All organized and ready to go.  School starts on Sept 1st!

I spent days going through their school curriculum.  With 3 kids I was getting overwhelmed.  I need an easier way to organized my kids books/materials.  So I decided to put each subject into a binder.  I took the pages out of their books/workbooks and holed punched everything. I labeled binders with subject names and child's name.  Their binders organized in colored crates.  Kids picked their binders and crates which they loved.



I typed each subject week's worth of lessons and put inside each binder.  So my kids can check off what they already did and if they want they can do the next lesson ahead of time. In the binders their is a section for the week's work, the rest of the material, and plain work paper. Not only makes it easier on my kids but for me too!  


A lot of the Lesson Questions will be on Quiz and Tests, so I wanted a easy way for my kids to be able to study.  Instead of my kids writing the answers to their lesson questions on ruled paper, they will be written on index cards.  Questions are written on cards when week's lessons are typed, my kids will help write the questions.  Later my kids will write the answers to the questions on the back.  Each lesson has a different colored index.  Right corner is labeled the Lesson and number.  For example first question is Lesson 1, so I put L1. 


Abeka gave us a lot of Charts and huge flash cards.  I laminated all of them and put them into binders so they are easier to find for the lessons. 


I printed a Colored Behavior Chart to put on my wall.  A way to keep my kids focused through out the school day. 


I typed and laminated subject check list.  They will use a dry eraser maker to check each subject when it's complete. 


I use these magazine wall organizers to hold their non-text book material.  Earlier subjects are on the bottom so they start from bottom and end to top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment